Wednesday 14 May 2014

4D

I have looked four different artists who look at the 4D's: disguise, deform, distort and disfigure and I have digitally re-interpreted their work, by editing my own photographs.

Disguise:
I researched artists who's work I would categorize under the word 'disguise'. The artists image is the work of Photographer Alexander Khokhlov and makeup artist Valerie Kutsan for their collective work "2D or not 2D" . The models were painted using various techniques to appear as paintings.



Deform:
Artist Francoise Gamma created this illustration. I took the word 'deform' and looked at artists whose work I felt depicted this. I then found an image of some friends and I, in which we are closely stood next to each other, but in a non-traditional format. This made it easier for me to mimic the obscure shapes, portrayed in Francoise's work.



Distort:
I have created my own version of Kalliope Amorphous' glass house collection. Amorphous' work reminds me of a reflection in the hall of mirrors at a fun fair. I used the liquify filter on Photoshop to create my own interpretation of this art work.


Disfigure:
The artist I have chosen who I feel portrays the definition of disfigure is artist: Ashkan Honarvar; he covers the model's face in a variety of sweet and desert items. Honarvar sometimes creates his pieces to look as though the food is a wound; to fully cover the disfigure definition.





No comments:

Post a Comment