Thursday 15 May 2014

Distressing myself

Using several of the primary images I took, where I had distorted my face using a range of media, e.g. cellotape. I further distorted the images by printing out the photographs and working in to them.

For the image below, I used two different images of a close up of my face, being distorted in two different ways and cut vertical lines up both images. I then arranged the images alternatively so the two images become inter-linked; I then joined the images together using cellotape.


For my next image, I used a marker pen to draw over the defining line on my face; but only the ones that were exposed under the cellotape. I then used cellotape to cover the cellotaped areas shown in the photograph. Not drawing the facial lines under the cellotape and adding further cellotape to the photograph, the face underneath almost becomes lost and appears repressed.


Originally, this image was a photograph of myself with string tied around my face. I cut out the areas of my face on the photograph that were covered in string and stuck in to a piece of black card.


All the original copies of these images before distressing, can be found in my post: Distorting my own face using various materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment